Labels

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Save that Money, Honey!: $1,378 Savings Challenge

How does an extra $1, 378 at the end of the year sound to you?  You know what I hear? HA! LLELUJAH!

 It's actually such an easy task in terms of the planning, that I'm sorry I hadn't thought of it.  BUT, I'm glad someone did because now I get to jump on that bandwagon and share it with you!

Here's how it works: There are 52 weeks in the year, so for each week of the year you save that corresponding amount.  For instance, for week 1 you would put one dollar aside, for week 2, $2, etc.  OR you could work backwards by saving $52 on week 1, $51 on week 2 etc.  I prefer this approach since generally when we are gung-ho about something we are usually motivated enough to start with the harder aspects and we generally STAY motivated if each week gets "easier."

Here's a chart
Here's another savings challenge as an alternate to the one above- 
Instead of saving the amount of dollars= to the week #, you save the date.  Let me explain with a visual: 

 So depending on the date you get paid, that's how much you save.  If you get paid bi-weekly, I might multiply that number by two.  If you get paid monthly, I would multiply that number by four.  

So how about you?  Will you be trying any of these challenges?  Do you have any other savvy ways of saving money?  Please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment